Henrietta Stickland

Henrietta Stickland

ผู้เยี่ยมชม

forumbacklinks2@gmail.com

  Anyone else just pay someone for oil changes even though it's easy? (137 อ่าน)

7 มิ.ย. 2569 14:24

Look I know changing your own oil is supposed to be the most basic DIY thing and I've done it plenty of times on my old cars. But between work being crazy, the heat outside, and just not wanting to deal with disposing of the old oil and crawling under the car on my driveway, I've started just taking it to a shop every time. I found a place that does expert oil change mussafah cars need without trying to upsell me on a million other things every visit and honestly the 30 or 40 extra dirhams compared to doing it myself is worth not having to wash oil off my arms or find where I left my jack stands. Am I getting lazy or have other people made the same switch as they got older? I still feel a little guilty every time I pay for it but then I sit in the air conditioned waiting room and the guilt fades pretty fast lol.

119.156.109.85

Henrietta Stickland

Henrietta Stickland

ผู้เยี่ยมชม

forumbacklinks2@gmail.com

Jordan Perry

Jordan Perry

ผู้เยี่ยมชม

jordanperryese43@gmail.com

26 ส.ค. 2569 14:32 #1

Made this exact switch about two years ago and never looked back honestly. The time and hassle saved is worth far more than the cost difference once you factor in sourcing the oil, disposing of the old stuff, and actually doing it in this heat.

119.156.124.51

Jordan Perry

Jordan Perry

ผู้เยี่ยมชม

jordanperryese43@gmail.com

Billy Powell

Billy Powell

ผู้เยี่ยมชม

billypowellses32@gmail.com

26 ส.ค. 2569 14:33 #2

The oil disposal problem is what finally pushed me over the edge too. Doing the actual change is fine but then you're sitting there with a container of used oil wondering what to do with it. Paying someone else to handle the whole thing including that part just makes the whole process clean and simple.

119.156.124.51

Billy Powell

Billy Powell

ผู้เยี่ยมชม

billypowellses32@gmail.com

Willie Hughes

Willie Hughes

ผู้เยี่ยมชม

williehughesesses43@gmail.com

26 ส.ค. 2569 14:34 #3

Nothing lazy about this decision at all honestly. DIY made sense when the cost difference was significant and time was plentiful but the calculation changes completely once your time has real value. Thirty or forty dirhams to have someone else deal with the heat, the mess, the disposal, and the crawling around under the car is genuinely good value by any reasonable measure. The guilt fades permanently once you stop thinking of it as something you should be doing yourself.

119.156.124.51

Willie Hughes

Willie Hughes

ผู้เยี่ยมชม

williehughesesses43@gmail.com

Alan Butler

Alan Butler

ผู้เยี่ยมชม

alanbutlerses32@gmail.com

26 ส.ค. 2569 14:35 #4

Finding a place that doesn't try to upsell you on something every single visit is genuinely the hard part. Once you have that relationship the decision to keep going back becomes completely automatic.

119.156.124.51

Alan Butler

Alan Butler

ผู้เยี่ยมชม

alanbutlerses32@gmail.com

Roy Gonzales

Roy Gonzales

ผู้เยี่ยมชม

roygonzalesse65@gmail.com

26 ส.ค. 2569 14:36 #5

The air conditioned waiting room versus lying on a hot driveway calculation becomes more obvious every summer here. I did my own oil changes for years and felt good about the self sufficiency but at some point the practical case just stopped making sense. Time you spend on things you don't enjoy is still time spent regardless of how much money it saves.

119.156.124.51

Roy Gonzales

Roy Gonzales

ผู้เยี่ยมชม

roygonzalesse65@gmail.com

ตอบกระทู้
Powered by MakeWebEasy.com